The KESE Workshop Series
KESE stands for Knowledge Engineering and Software Engineering and is an annual workshop series for exchanging latest research results as well as knowledge about practical experience.
Aims and scope
Knowledge Based Systems (KBS) have been successfully developed in various domains based on techniques and tools from Knowledge Engineering (KE). The classic KE approach to system modelling uses mostly symbolic logic-based symbolic knowledge representation methods, which are more specific from Artificial Intelligence (AI) in a broad sense, that has recently included computational intelligence techniques. Since most of the implementations of today KBS are software based, Software Engineering (SE) methods and tools play an important role in their development. Moreover, recent developments in SE emphasize the importance of the use of formalized symbolic representations in the software development process.
Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
- Knowledge and software engineering for the Semantic Web
- Knowledge and software engineering for Linked Data
- Ontologies in practical knowledge and software engineering
- Business systems modeling, design and analysis using KE and SE
- Practical knowledge representation and discovery techniques in software engineering
- Context and explanation in intelligent systems
- Knowledge base management in KE systems
- Evaluation and verification of KBS
- Practical tools for KBS engineering
- Process models in KE applications
- Software requirements and design for KBS applications
- Software quality assessment through formal KE models
- Declarative, logic-based, including constraint programming approaches in SE
We are also strongly interested in tool presentations, so we regularly encourage the submission of tool presentation papers, i.e., system descriptions that clearly show the interaction between knowledge engineering and software engineering research and practice.
Detailed Information and Call for Papers (CfP)
For full details on this year edition of KESE see the KESE10 page.
25.05.2014: Deadline for paper submission
- 02.06.2014: EXTENDED Deadline for full paper submission
- 23.06.2014: Notification on paper acceptance
- 07.07.2014: Camera ready papers
- 19.08.2014: Workshop date
Call for Papers
The official KESE10 CfP: Call for Papers
The KESE workshop has been organized at the German KI conference since 2005. In 2011, KESE workshop moved to the Spanish CAEPIA conference. In 2012 KESE was hosted on ECAI. In 2013 we got back to the KI. Then in 2014 we are on ECAI again!
The KESE organizers have been:
Below, you can find links to the particular events so far.
The logo was invented by W. T. Furmańska and G. J. Nalepa and drawn by W. T. Furmańska in 2008,9: , , , pdf version.